by Khalid Amayreh in occupied Palestine
Israel’s fanatical supporters insist on behaving and acting like mad dogs by disregarding any consideration for honesty, rectitude and moral consistency.
They nearly completely overlook Israel’s Nazi-like behavior as if such behavior were taking place in a distant galaxy, not in this world.
Instead, they constantly focus on essentially mundane matters such as anti-Semitism and try desperately to link such secondary issues with the growing rejection in many countries of Israel’s decidedly fascist and criminal conduct in Occupied Palestine.
In fact, it is manifestly clear that Israel uses, or more correctly, misuses the issue of anti-Semitism as its ultimate red herring to distract attention from its affronting criminality in occupied Palestine.
This week, the so-called Inter-Parliamentary Coalition to Combat Anti-Semitism, a Jewish-funded Canadian parliamentary bloc, is holding a two-day conference in Ottawa. According to inside information, a few Zionist or Zionized officials, who apparently have sold their souls to the devil by embracing Israeli Nazism and terrorism, stand behind the conference. These include Jason Kenney, Minister of Citizenship and Immigration and Irwin Cottler, a notorious Israel firster, who seems to believe that racism is wrong unless practiced by Israel.
The aim of the new Zionist feat is to try to suppress criticisms of Israel and attempt to criminalize such criticisms.
In other words, the conference is trying to legislate Israeli fascism and terror into law in Canada.
Needless to say, we are talking about a few Zionist tycoons who are trying to take Canada away from its erstwhile humane principles of opposing racism, apartheid, and bigotry and make it embrace Israeli fascism despite the ugly realities in Occupied Palestine.
In fact, if Canadians make some meaningful efforts to discover the truth about what Israel is doing in Occupied Palestine, they will certainly find out that nearly every thing done by Israel to these helpless Palestinians is antithetical to every value and virtue the Canadian people hold dear.
Well, for those who don’t know what is going in occupied Palestine at the hands of the Zio-Nazi regime in Israel/Palestine let me remind them of some of the latest crimes perpetrated by the Israeli government.
- In recent days and weeks, gangs of Jewish settlers have burned down thousands of olive trees belonging to Palestinian farmers. The recurrent despicable vandalism happened in full view of Israeli occupation soldiers. None of the perpetrators has been arrested.
- Ovadia Yosef, the religious mentor of the ultra-religious Shas party, was quoted recently as saying during a Sabbath homily that non-Jews (presumably including Canadians) were very de facto donkeys created by God to serve Jews. This is their main function in life, the popular rabbi said. Yosef is not a marginal figure in Israel. He is considered one of the greatest living Torah sages and has hundreds of thousands of followers.
- Last month Safed Chief Rabbi Shmuel Eliyahu issued a religious ruling prohibiting Jews from renting homes to Israeli Arab citizens. The edict led to physical attacks on three Arab students in the city. The Israeli government kept silent as did Prime Minister Benyamin Netanyahu. Just imagine the kind of outcry that would follow a call by a Christian Canadian leader on Canadian Christians not to rent their apartments and homes to Jews.
- A group of Jewish settlers have burned down a church in Jerusalem. None of the perpetrators has been apprehended.
- A group of the same terrorists and criminals had torched a number of mosques in the West Bank as part of the so-called price-tag policy whereby Palestinians are punished for anti-settler measures initiated by the Israeli army, such as removing settler outposts.
- It has been revealed that a recent Hebrew translation of the Talmud (from the ancient Aramaic language) contains the hateful anti-Christian omissions known as Chesronot Shas. Some of these pieces exhort Jews to recite the following curse before uttering the name Jesus: “May his name be damned, may his memory be erased.” According to some rabbinic figures, Jesus is now boiling in hell in a cauldron of human excrement.
- The Israeli government recently approved a bill obliging all aspiring non-Jewish citizens to pledge loyalty to Israel as a Jewish state. This means that Israel’s non-Jewish citizens would have to choose between coming to terms with an inherently inferior status or facing possible expulsion. Israeli officials would mendaciously argue that Israel is both Jewish and democratic. However, one doesn’t have to have a particularly high IQ to realize that whenever there is the slightest collision or incompatibility between “Jewish” and “democratic,” which will come first. Besides, every one knows rather too well that Israel can not be Talmudic and democratic at the same time.
- Finally, Israel continues to steal Arab land to build thereon settler units for supremacist Jewish immigrants who vow openly to make the land Arab-free. Again this is inconsistent with Canada’s enduring adherence to the rule of international law which opposes the Israeli occupation of Palestinian land and the settlement-expansion policy which is blocking any possible peace resolution to the Arab-Israeli conflict.
There are hundreds of other criminal or racist acts done by the Israeli authorities or with the consent of the authorities, which have taken place recently.
Unfortunately, Israel continues to behave as a state above the laws of humanity. This posture of insolence and arrogance of power is further emboldened by the refusal of governments in countries like Canada and the United States to hold Israel accountable to the crimes it commits in broad daylight. In fact, the obsequious approach by the Canadian government toward Israel emboldens Israel to adopt even more scandalous policies pertaining to human rights in the occupied territories.
If the organizers of the pro-Israeli conference were sincere about knowing the truth, they would realize that Israeli barbarianism, which is watched on TV screens around the world, is the main generator of anti-Semitism in our time.
It is really beyond the pale of understanding to see people try to ban criticisms of a state whose modus operandi is based on murder, ethnic cleansing, land theft and lying. Perhaps this is an allegory of the time in which we living.
In the final analysis, countries fall down when the level of their morality goes down. Canada ought to wake up before it is too late.
Khalid Amayreh is a Journalist living in Dura, Hebron District, West Bank, occupied Palestine . He has BA in journalism: University of Oklahoma , 1981 MA in journalism, University of Southern Illinois , 1983
Like this article? Donate to keep us alive!